Now onto the Weigh In.
Last Monday: 453.6
Loss of: 5.6 pounds this week and a total weight loss of 7 pounds.
I really wish I would have know my actual starting weight. I supposed that is was something well over 460, but I did not have a scale that went over 455. I thought about going to a Weight Watchers office and pay for a week just to use the scale, but before I knew it, I was at 453. So 455 is going to be my official starting weight.
This past week was an emotional roller coast of sorts. At times I was angry with myself for eating that way I have to well over a decade and at times I was happy with myself for finally deciding to make a change. I know that the journey ahead of me is going to be long and full of obstacles and that scares me, but I am pleased to say that I am ready to deal with it. The way I look at it, this is my last change to lose the weight. If I don't, my only options are weight loss surgery or death...and death is not the preferred option.
I have decided to set a few goals for myself so that will lead me to my ultimate goal of weighing 225 pounds. Aside from the first and last goal, none of them are based on time frames.
- 399 pounds by the end of summer 2011: I know this is achievable by the end of summer, but I just want to have a goal set so I stay focused. One I am out of the 400's, I will really be motivated.
- 350 pounds: This seems like a reasonable midpoint between leaving the 400's and entering the 200's.
- 299 pounds: Being under 300 will give me the motivation to carry me the rest of the way to my goal. I know as I progress, the weight is not going to drop as fast...so this is going to push me harder when it comes to crunch time.
- 275 pounds: Baby steps to the finish line.
- 250 pounds: Almost there...my high school football playing weight...has it been 20 years already???