Friday, June 17, 2011

It's The Weekend!!! (909 Days Left)

I got a lot of things going on today so I decided to get up an hour earlier and exercise since I don't know if I'll have time later this evening. I feel more awake than usual this morning...probably from going to bed an hour earlier and exercising at 5AM.


The day and the rest of the weekend is shaping up to be pretty nice. Half day at work today...Woohoo!!!  I have an appointment to turn in my leased vehicle this afternoon so it's not all fun and games like I would want.  Later this evening is a guys night out.  Typically this involves dinner, beer, poker, cigars, sports and NO WIVES (sorry  ladies).  I'll be watching my intake for sure.  I have some turkey brats and a salad ready to go.

Saturday is actually all work.  Fun work though.  I have another friend who I will be helping brew about 10 gallons of beer. The reason I help so many people is because I have the equipment and I know the process. The rest of the day will be spent working around the house.

Since Sunday is Father's Day (HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you dads), I decided that we will be spending the day at the park.  I'll be packing up the new 5 day cooler and heading out to one of the local park/beaches for a day with my kids.

This is how yesterday shaped up:
I walked on a treadmill for the first time yesterday.  Aside from trying to get my legs about me for the first few minutes, it was not bad.  I changed pace between 2.5 and 3 mph through the workout.
B: Greek Yogurt
S: Carrots, Celery
L: The other 6 inches of Subway ham and cheese from yesterday
S: Orange
D: Roast, potatoes, carrots, green beans
S: Popcorn
30 Minutes Cardio

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a good time with your buddies and the kids on Sunday. Way to go on the exercise. I much prefer my cardio out in the sunshine though I'm not a big fan of the treadmill but it does come in handy when you can't get out and about. Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on getting up early to work out so you don't miss it! Don't forget to hydrate well -- drink the water.

    Especially if you're going to follow it up with beer :P Outside of the whole "essentially empty calories" aspect (I know! But it had to be said), the simple facts are a) alcohol dehydrates you, so you NEED to be well-hydrated prior, or working out the next day can be rough even if you didn't technically overindulge; and b) beer drops the inhibitions, which can make a dinner of turkey brats and salad suddenly seem as if it might be better rounded off by... well, insert random food item(s) here. Of a variety.

    Not that I've ever done anything like that myself... *ducking and running for cover from the lightning that will surely strike*

    ReplyDelete